Touch Skin – OLED touch screen and downloadable, customizable skins
Touch Skin is the ultimate digital accessory – A touch sensitive watch that combines tradition and transcendence via classic minimalist analogue watch design.
Touch Skin fits in neatly with existing gadgets and is thought of as an accessory that can follow you in all situations of your daily life. From the morning when you wake, customize the look of the watch to match your dress code with the build- in watch designs. If you are not satisfied you can always connect the watch to your computers Bluetooth and download new skins or design your own from the Touch Skin App. Touch Skin is not seen as a smartphone watch, however future skin development opens up to this direction.
The three touch steps:
- For battery saving efficiency the watch is normally in stealth mode. By pressing the screen gently with one finger, the watch switches between idle mode and normal/ night mode for three seconds.
- By pressing the screen gently with two fingers, the watch switches to Date mode for three seconds.
- And finally by pressing the screen with three fingers it is possible for the user to switch between the different skins installed in the watch.
The shadow on the watch is rendered to follow the given time of day adding an almost seamless animation to the watch, much like time itself.
The watch is radio controlled so no need for adjusting the time and at the same time the gift box acts as wireless charger. Touch Skin is placed on top of the box and the magnetic lock in the wristband automatically snaps to the box and the watch starts charging. The charger also works with other wireless charged objects.
- Case: Anodised aluminium
- Strap: FSC-certified natural rubber
- Screen: Cirkular, multitouch, ø 40mm, oled (16 million colors), Gorilla glass
- Battery: Li-Ion
- Processor: multicore, Nvidia Tegra Type or ARM processor
- Memory: Upgradable micro SD ram, with a minimum of 16 gb.
- Weight: approx 80g.
NOTE on the ongoing discussion about specs: These specs are a proposal and should not be seen as conclusive. I deliberately put the specs in the high end of the scale to bear in mind that the watch could be upgraded during its lifetime to support heavier functions. Also, who wants cheap specs 😉
Downloadable pulse watch skin and the possibility to develop add- on accessories for the watch, consisting of a heart rate monitor to communicate with the watch. The watch could also be developed in a cubic and most notably in a female edition.
The watch is a concept and is of now not in production! I am currently in the process of finding out how to move forward and the watch is unfortunately not available for pre-order yet.
Please sign up on the mailing list to the right and I will keep you updated as soon as I know anything specific.
Thanks for all the positive reactions and comments!
Awarded third place in the 2012 Deign That Performs competition by Samsung